Please apply by December 1, 2019
This is an open level position for a candidate with a BS/MS or PhD, supported through a collaborative agreement the USDA and the University of Florida.
BS/MS level position
For BS/MS candidates the position may be filled under one of several job series including Application programmer, Engineer or Biological Scientist.
- Developing and evaluating machine learning models in Tensorflow/Keras in collaboration with group scientists.
- writing command line python packages and Qiime plugins
- writing web applications using a DevOps approach a typical stack would be (MongoDB/ Eve /Flask/ VueJS)
- Experience in machine learning, statistics, DevOpps practices computational biology, or computer science
- experience with R, Python
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Postdoctoral level position
The Postdoctoral position has freedom to develop in collaboration with the PI’s a research plan focusing on one of several areas:
The development of methods to link plant or insect host genotypes to their microbiome through a combination of computational and/or experimental methods.
The Development of CRISPR-Cas experimental tools for microbial phenotyping and community manipulation.
Experimental validation of methods for microbial consortia engineering
- Experience in machine learning, statistics, computational biology, or computer science
- Experience with R, Python
- Experience with Microbiology and next generation sequencing
I recognize that each person has a unique mix of experience and individual strengths and I encourage any applicant with a strong record of research productivity and relevant experience to apply, even if your mix of skills is different than what is listed above.
Location: Genomics and Bioinformatics Research Unit, Gainesville, FL
USDA Lab Website: tinyecology.com
Interested? Email today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.